The Duluth XC Ski Club will hold its Tour Duluth XC Ski Event on March 8.
The event will wrap up with a gathering at the Hartley Nature Center at 5:30 p.m. and will have music by the Riverside Bog Stompers, beer from Thirsty Pagan Brewery, food from Duluth Grill and socializing with skiers from, we’re guessing, other skiers.
There is no cost to participate in Tour Duluth, though skiers 16 and older must have a Minnesota ski pass for city of Duluth ski trails. The dinner at Hartley is free for Duluth XC Ski Club members and $8 for guests, with $5 passes for guests ages 5-12.
Continental Ski & Bike and the Ski Hut are offering free rental skis for tour participants.
Trails & suggested start times
* 8 a.m. Magney-Snively (8K-14K classic and skate)
* 9:30 a.m. Spirit Mountain Nordic Center (1K-20K classic and skate) (hot drinks and snacks served)
* 11:30 a.m. Piedmont (1K skate, 1K-4K classic)
* 12:30 p.m. Snowflake Nordic Center (1K-12K classic and skate)
* 2 p.m. Lester (3K-11K classic and skate, plus 3K skijoring loop)
* 4 p.m. Bagley (1K-3K classic only) or Chester Bowl (3K advanced)
* 4:45 p.m. Hartley (1K-5K classic only)
* 5:30-7 p.m. Dinner and program at Hartley Nature Center
For additional information or to register for the celebration at Hartley Nature Center, go to duluthxc.com/tour-duluth.