The weather outside is getting frightful, which means it’s time to dust off the snow-mentality when it comes to driving.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation wants to remind all drivers of what it takes to drive safely in winter around the massive plows on Minnesota highways, byways and roads.
* Check road conditions: Call 511 or go to www.511mn.org to see what road conditions are like along your route.
* Stay back: MnDOT asks that motorists stay five car lengths behind plows.
* Stay alert: Snow plows might turn or exit the roadway with little warning
* Slow down: Drive at a speed safe for road conditions; allow plenty of time to reach your destination
* Avoid travel when conditions become poor or hazardous, do not travel unnecessarily