Minnesota soldiers don’t get credit

If you served in a combat zone in 2009, you might be missing out on some money.

More than 2,300 Minnesota soldiers still have not claimed their 2009 military credit, the state Department of Revenue reports. The credit is $120 for every month served. There’s no catch, except that you do have to file by Oct. 15.

To receive the credit, soldiers must file Form M99, “Credit for Military Service in a Combat Zone,” and attach corresponding Form DD-214. If still on active duty, soldiers can attach leave and earnings statements for each month of qualifying service. They must have been a Minnesota resident during the time of service to qualify.