Cold weather’s got you down?
If you like to get your hands in dirt — literally — in the summer, this should get you thinking about spring.
The Fairlawn Garden Club — yes, the Fairlawn Mansion in Superior has its own garden club — will hold its annual series of garden talks beginning Thursday.
Here’s the lineup:
- Thursday, Preserving Citrus Fruits by Jamie Zak.
- Feb. 7, Functional Garden Structures by Dave Dumke.
- Feb. 28, What Attracts the Birds and the Bees? by Stephanie Krivinchuk.
- March 7, Magical Miniature Gardens and Terrariums by Suzanne Kunze.
- March 21, Building This Year’s Wish List by Jim Fahrenholz.
- April 4, Creating a Rain Garden in Your Yard by Sue O’Halloran.
The talks are held from 6-8 p.m. at Fairlawn Mansion and Museum in Superior. Cost is $15 for one talk, $30 for two, $40 for three, $55 for four, $70 for five and $80 for all six. Reservations can be made by calling (715) 394-5712 or mail to Superior Public Museums, 906 E. Second St., Superior, WI 54880, with checks made out to Superior Public Museums. Proceeds go to the Gardens of Fairlawn project.